Just sticky enough to stay on the spoon, not too sticky to wipe off your tot’s satisfied chops. This is a super quick, super easy, iron-packed risotto recipe you and your toddler will both love. Perfect for babies aged 8 months and older, this recipe makes about 3-4 baby portions, depending on your little one’s appetite.
- 1 litre of Stock Merchant Chicken Bone Broth, or Chicken Stock, or Vegetable Stock or Mushroom Stock
- 1 cup of Aborio rice
- 1/2 of a cup of Parmesan cheese, grated (or, as much or little as you like)
- 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups of baby spinach leaves, chopped (frozen spinach works great too!)
- A dash of olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan large enough to hold about 2 litres of water. Add rice and sauté until transparent, coating each grain in olive oil.
- A ladle at a time, add bone broth and simmer, adding each new label when the liquid has almost disappeared, stirring continuously.
- Before adding the last ladle, add spinach, then add the last of the liquid, continuing to stir.
- When all the liquid has been absorbed into the rice and it’s looking creamy, remove from heat and stir through cheese.
- Stir rice until cool enough to serve.