Carrot and apple are both naturally sweet, and quite palatable to tiny tastebuds. All are easy to puree to a very soft, smooth consistency. This makes a big batch, that should yield between 6 and 10 servings, depending on your baby’s appetite.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- The Stock Merchant Vegetable Stock or Chicken Stock, as needed
- Steam the carrot, apple and parsnip for about twenty minutes. If you don’t have a steamer, which is great for retaining nutrients, don’t worry. You can also place all the ingredients in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer, partially covered until soft.
- Drain (if boiling) and add to a blender with about half a cup of stock. Blend until smooth. Add more stock as needed, to thin out.