This easy one pot meal is an excellent source of fibre, iron and folate for your little one, as well as being especially good at sticking to spoons. If you’re cooking for older children too, simply set aside a portion of the stew, blend the rest, and save yourself from making separate meals.
- 1/3 a cup of split red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 500ml of The Stock Merchant Vegetable Stock or Chicken Stock
- 1/2 a small onion, chopped finely
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- Olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Sauté the onion, celery and carrot for about five minutes until the onion is translucent and the carrots slightly softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer. Cook for approximately 20-30 minutes, until the lentils are soft.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.