A particularly delicious way to both sneak some greens in and make the most of winter vegetables. Serve hot with a toasted baguette slathered in butter.
- 500ml of The Stock Merchant Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 stick of celery, finely diced
- 1/2 a small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of butter (we love Pepe Saya)
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 100g of hot smoked trout, flaked
- microgreens to top
- In a medium saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in the butter until translucent.
- Add the cauliflower, broccoli, parsnip and stock. Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a blender and combine briefly, leaving some bits with a bit of texture.
- Divide between bowls and top with hot smoked trout, hazelnuts and microgreens. Serve with warm crusty bread with extra butter.