- 1L of The Stock Merchant Chicken Bone Broth or Chicken Stock
- 1L of water, more if needed
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 onion, quartered, ends removed.
- 2 thumb sized pieces of ginger, chopped
- 350g of boneless, free range chicken thighs
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- a handful of Dr Kim’s Magnificent Kimchi (Traditional or Mild)
- Tamari and cracked pepper, to season
- Add rice, chicken, ginger, onion, stock or broth and water to a large pot. Bring to the boil then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook partially covered for about half an hour.
- Remove the chicken. Shred the meat with a fork. Remove ginger and onion.
- Return the meat to the pot and simmer on very, very low heat for about an hour, to an hour and a half. Season with tamari and pepper to taste.
- Serve drizzled in sesame oil, topped with handfuls of kimchi and garnished with sliced green onions. A soft boiled egg makes a nice addition, too.