Meet your new favourite one-person meal, which of course you can double or triple or even quadtriple if you feel so inclined. We love our Chicken Bone Broth in this for it’s rich silky mouthfeel, but you can use any of our stocks (try with with our Beef Bone Broth too!). Try it with our Mushroom Stock for a umami-packed vegetarian version. It’s also gluten-free, and dairy-free, making it a great one to pull out when catering for intolerances.
1 lucky person
- 2/3 cup of Dr Kim’s Magnificent Kimchi (we used Spicy Traditional), chopped
- 1/3 cup of sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup of bok choy
- 3/4 cup of cooked buckwheat noodles
- 1 poached eggFor the broth
- 500ml of Chicken Stock, Chicken Bone Broth or Mushroom Stock
- 500ml of water
- a dash of sesame oil
- thumb sized piece of ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 heaped tablespoon of miso
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- a few slices of lemon
- 1/4 sliced apple
- 3 tsb miso paste
- Sauté the ginger, garlic cloves, onion and apple for a few minutes on medium to low heat. Pour over the stock and water, and bring to the boil. Simmer, partially covered for 25 minutes. Add the bok choy to wilt in the broth a few minutes before you take it off the heat.
- While the broth simmers, cook the noodles, poach the egg.
- Add the miso paste and remove from the heat.
- Add noodles, bok choy and green onions to a bowl. Ladle over a few cups of broth, top with kimchi and poached egg.
Recipe adapted from this one at Happy Yolks.