Seared and roasted in the same pan. This is a roast chicken recipe that’s darn near impossible to mess up.
- 6 free range chicken thighs
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- a handful of fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon zested and then sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of The Stock Merchant Free Range Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Rub the chicken with the oil, garlic, half the rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper. In a large oven proof skillet, heat the olive oil and sear both sides of the chicken pieces until golden brown. Probably about 3 minutes each side.
- Pour over the chicken stock and the wine, allow to reduce slightly, for about a minute. Arrange the lemon slices and rosemary around the chicken. Place in the oven and allow to roast for around 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Check for doneness after 20 minutes.