- 600g of boneless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, freshly grated
- 250ml of The Stock Merchant Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon of white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon of tamari or soy sauce
- cooked brown rice and steamed greens, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Heat a little olive oil in a large ovenproof dish. Cook the chicken, in batches, on medium heat, for a minute or two on each side. The chicken will be brown but not cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil. Sauté the vegetables, garlic and ginger until soft. Return the chicken to the pan.
- Combine the miso paste with the chicken broth. Add to the dish with the soy sauce. Cover and bake for around an hour, until falling apart. Remove chicken from pan. Reduce the sauce slightly on the stovetop. Serve with rice and greens.