- 1.2 kg leg or shoulder of lamb, boneless, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup The Stock Merchant Chicken Stock
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- a dash of balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- a pinch of chili flakesTo serve
- Small slider buns
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, ribboned
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- In a large cast iron pot, heat a little olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic, oregano, chill flakes and rosemary on medium heat. Add the lamb and toss to brown, searing on all sides for a minute or two. Add the balsamic vinegar and chicken stock. Add the lid on and allow to simmer on low heat for four hours, otherwise transfer to a slow cooker on low heat for eight hours. When cooked, season generously with salt and pepper and shred with a fork.
- While the lamb is cooking, combine the yogurt, garlic, mint and onion in a bowl. Refrigerate to let the flavours mingle for a bit.
- Serve the lamb warm or cold on toasted slider buns with plenty of the mint-yogurt sauce on top and ribbons of cucumber to cut the richness.