A not-so-distant Mexican cousin to the pulled pork slider, and all round summer good guy. Use our Free-Range Chicken Stock and a good quality smoky BBQ sauce.
- 600gm of free range boneless chicken thigh (we love Saskia Beer’s Barossa Farm chicken)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 heaped teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 heaped teaspoons of cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500ml of The Stock Merchant Free Range Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup of Smoky BBQ sauce
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and add the garlic and spices. Cook for about 1 minute before adding the chicken thighs and the tomato paste. Brown the chicken for about a minute each side.
- Cover with the stock and reduce the heat to very low. Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is soft and starts to pull apart. You’re probably looking at just under an hour here.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and shred. Set aside.
- Add the BBQ sauce to the liquid and cook on medium until reduced by at least 1/3. Add the chicken back to the sauce and stir through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pulled chicken in corn tortillas with homemade guacamole, squeezes of fresh lime, coriander and a good slaw.