4 people as entree, 2 people as main
- 6 fresh corn cobs
- 500ml The Stock Merchant Sustainable Crab Stock
- A tiny bit of grated ginger
- 200ml cream (you can use less if you want, or none at all for a really clean flavour)
- Coriander leaves, roughly diced
- 200g Australian picked and cooked crab meat (either Abacus Fisheries’ Shark Bay Blue Swimmer Crabs or Queensland Spanner Crabs)
- A few knobs of butter (we love Pepe Saya)
- Husk the corn and using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off the cob. This is best done on an angle with the knife moving down across the cob.
- Sweat the ginger in butter
- Throw in the corn kernels and cook on a high heat for five minutes or so, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock, bring to a simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Taste the mixture for salt, add more if you wish.
- Remove from heat, let mixture cool for five minutes and then throw into food processor.
- Add cream and puree until smooth and creamy. Return to the pot.
- When ready to serve, reheat and ladle into bowls
- Divide crab meat, place in middle of each bowl and sprinkle coriander leaves around.