Crab linguine is a classic meal that is easy to prepare, even when you’re in a hurry or tired after a long day of work. With a quick shop at your local fishmonger and a pouch of our Sustainable Crab Stock, you can cook this simple and beautiful dish in just 30 minutes.
Requirements: large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, large pot
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
- Australian extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 3 garlic cloves (preferably Australian), roughly chopped and smashed
- 200g ripe cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 300ml The Stock Merchant Sustainable Crab Stock
- 100ml dry white wine
- 250g Australian raw blue swimmer crab or spanner crab meat, picked and ready-to-use
- 1 chilli pepper, finely chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried hot chillies)
- finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper (to taste, may not be necessary)
- 300gr linguine, either fresh of dry (or another kind of long, flat pasta, e.g. fettuccine)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add whole garlic cloves and gently fry.
- After a couple of minutes, remove the larger pieces of garlic, add the chilli, fry for another minute and pour in the wine, reduce by half.
- Add the Crab Stock and further simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- While your sauce is simmering cook the pasta to taste.
- Add cherry tomatoes. Just before they start to split, add the crab meat. Keep simmering gently until the crab meat is cooked (will only take a minute or so). Add some of the parsley.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add to the saucepan, stir gently to blend with the sauce.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley and serve immediately.