The only rule when it comes to fried rice, is that there are no rules when it comes to fried rice. Here’ve we’ve added a handful of our favourite kimchi for a fiery flavour hit.
- 2-3 cups of cooked rice (cook in our Sustainable Crab Stock or Chicken Stock)
- 1 large egg
- 300g medium prawns, peeled and deveined.
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of tamari
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 3/4 cup of Dr Kim’s Magnificent Kimchi (use either spicy or mild), chopped
- a few tablespoons of kimchi liquid
- toasted sesame oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat a little sesame oil in a wok and add the prawns. Fry for about two minutes and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan.
- Add a little extra oil. Throw in the rice, kimchi liquid tamari and fish sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Toss continuously.
- Move the rice to one side of the pan, scrambling the egg on the other. Toss the egg and the rice mixture together. Add the prawns and kimchi to the pan. Mix through the scallions. Serve with plenty of freshly squeezed lime.