- 500ml The Stock Merchant Free Range Master Stock
- 400g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tbs mushroom soy sauce
- 30g ginger, sliced
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 300g fresh firm tofu
- 1 spring onion washed, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- Heat Master Stock in a pot with soy, ginger and sesame oil.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a gentle simmer for 15 minutes.
- Slice the tofu into 6 pieces and put on a plate.
- Heat water in steamer. Place plate of tofu over heat for about 10 minutes, or until hot.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and slice.
- Slice washed spring onions into 5cm lengths.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and spring onions to Master Stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- Place tofu on serving platter and pour the mushroom and Master Stock mixture over the top.
- Accompany with fresh egg noodles or steamed rice.
Adapted from a Bridgette Hafner recipe found at: www.goodfood.com.au