- 800g of potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons of butter (we love Pepe Saya)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500ml of The Stock Merchant Mushroom Stock
- 600g of mixed mushrooms, sliced.
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1/4 cup of cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- a handful of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of truffle oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, to serve
- Cook the gnocchi in a pot of boiling water until they float to the top. Toss the truffle oil through the gnocchi.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large pan. Fry the garlic, thyme and mushrooms until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the stock and red wine. Bring to a slight boil then turn down the heat and allow the ragu to reduce for about ten minutes. Add the lemon juice, truffle oil and cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the gnocchi between four plates and top with the ragu. Serve with a little grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese.