Comfort food if we ever saw it. If you don’t feel like whisking up the scone-like topping for this winter warmer, we recommend topping your pie with a high quality all-butter pastry such as Careme.
- 600g mixed mushrooms (we used Swiss Brown and Shiitake), sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 cup of peas
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of Miso pasteFor the topping
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted (we love Pepe Saya)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof dish, like a La Creuset. Saute the garlic, onion and carrot for about five to seven minutes, until the onion is translucent and the carrots starting to soften.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute for about ten minutes, until golden and soft. Add the flour and toss to coat. Add the stock, mustard and miso paste. Allow to reduce and simmer for about five minutes. Add the peas.
- Combine the topping mixture in a bowl and pour over the pie mixture. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the top is golden.