4, as a side
- 1 cup of white quinoa
- 500ml of The Stock Merchant Mushroom Stock
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower, chopped into large florets
- olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of toasted pine nuts
- a big handful of parsley, chopped
- two large handfuls of assorted mushrooms (we used a mixture of Swiss Brown and Shiitake, though you can use any that take your fancy)
- a handful of raisins
- a handful of crumbled goat’s feta (omit for a vegan version)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Toss mushrooms and cauliflower florets in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place 500ml of The Stock Merchant Mushroom Stock and 1 1/4 cups of quinoa in a pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- Toss the roast vegetables in with the parsely, quinoa, lemon zest and juice, pine nuts, raisins, feta and an extra splash of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.