For those times you feel like a curry, but don’t have three hours up your sleeve. This quick weeknight red curry is loaded with garlic and vegetables, ready to cure the stubbornest of winter chills.
4 hungry people
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4 free range, organic, boneless chicken thighs, skin off
- 1 800g tin of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red curry paste
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- one thumb sized piece of ginger, sliced
- one tablespoon of ground turmeric
- 2 shallots
- 1 package of The Stock Merchant Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 cups of eggplant, cut into large cubes
- 1 head of brocolli, cut into florets
- one carrot,
- spiralized zucchini noodles (carrot also work well!)
- coconut oil, for cooking
- In a blender, whizz together the garlic cloves, shallots and ginger until finely minced.
- In a large heavy based saucepan, heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil and add the garlic mixture, sautéing over low heat for a minute or two. Add the red curry paste, turmeric and chicken thighs. Cook, tossing around the pan until the chicken is slightly browned. Add the diced tomatoes and cook for another minute. Throw in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and cover, simmering for 20 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the vegetables and simmer for another ten to fifteen minutes, until softened. Add the zucchini noodles for the last minute or so, as these will cook quickly!
- Ladle into bowls, and season to taste with salt or tamari, and lime wedges. Sprinkle bowls with fresh coriander.