All the flavour of spaghetti and meatballs; minus the heavy feeling afterwards. Try our healthy and paleo friendly riff on the classic.
- 2 zucchinis, spiralised or shaved into ribbons
- 500ml of The Stock Merchant Beef Bone Broth
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
for the meatballs
- 500g ground free-range, grass-fed beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup of parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of flax meal (can use breadcrumbs for a non-Paleo version)
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius. Combine meatball ingredients in a bowl with your hands until well mixed. Season well with salt and pepper. Roll into balls, and bake on a greased and lined oven tray for around 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Heat the bone broth in a saucepan until simmering. Add the zucchini noodles and allow to soften. Season to taste.
- Divide the broth and noodles between bowls. Top with meatballs and warmed marinara sauce. Dust with Parmesan cheese to serve.