A quick and easy stovetop side dish that’s at home with nearly any meal and a great way to use up leftover stock. Throw an egg on top for an quick and delicious breakfast.
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard, leaves and stemmed chopped
- 1 tablespoon of butter (we love Pepe Saya)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 a small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Melt the butter and oil together in a pan on medium heat. Saute the garlic and onion until aromatic and translucent.
- Add in the chopped stems and the chicken stock. Allow to soften for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the chard leaves and wilt. Stir in the Parmesan and lemon. Season with salt and pepper.