Traditionally served at Easter, this simple Greek lemon chicken soup boasts just a handful of good quality ingredients.
- 8 cups of The Stock Merchant Chicken Stock or Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 cups of shredded organic chicken
- 4 free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus extra to serve
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- a handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Heat the bone broth or stock in a large pot until barely simmering.
- While the broth heats, whip the eggs together in a blender until quite frothy. Blend in the water and the lemon juice for just under a minute, before transferring to a medium to large bowl.
- Whisking the egg mixture constantly, slowly pour in two cups of the hot broth mixture. You’re tempering the eggs so that they don’t break in the soup. Keep whisking, adding another 2 cups of broth into the egg mixture.
- Stirring constantly, return the tempered egg mixture to the saucepan of stock. Whisk together and allow to thicken slightly over low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the shredded chicken between the bowls, top with soup and fresh dill. Serve with extra lemon wedges.