Crab linguine is a classic meal that is easy to prepare, even when you're in a hurry or tired after a long day of work. With a quick shop at your local fishmonger and a pouch of our Sustainable Crab Stock, you can cook this simple and beautiful dish in just 30 minutes.
Requirements: large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, large pot
Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
Feeds: 2-3 people
Australian extra virgin olive oil or butter
3 garlic cloves (preferably Australian), roughly chopped and smashed
200g ripe cherry tomatoes on the vine
300ml The Stock Merchant Sustainable Crab Stock
100ml dry white wine
250g Australian raw blue swimmer crab or spanner crab meat, picked and ready-to-use
1 chilli pepper, finely chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried hot chillies)
finely chopped flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper (to taste, may not be necessary)
300gr linguine, either fresh of dry (or another kind of long, flat pasta, e.g. fettuccine)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add whole garlic cloves and gently fry.
3. After a couple of minutes, remove the larger pieces of garlic, add the chilli, fry for another minute and pour in the wine, reduce by half.
4. Add the Crab Stock and further simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half.
5. While your sauce is simmering cook the pasta to taste.
6. Add cherry tomatoes. Just before they start to split, add the crab meat. Keep simmering gently until the crab meat is cooked (will only take a minute or so). Add some of the parsley.
7. Drain the pasta and immediately add to the saucepan, stir gently to blend with the sauce.
8. Garnish with more chopped parsley and serve immediately.