Curried Lentils with Sweet Potato and Kale
Demanding few fresh ingredients and a scant handful of your time; this is the sort of dinner that materialises out of the bits and pieces you have in your pantry and almost cooks itself.
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups of red lentils
- 3 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup of tomato paste
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1L of The Stock Merchant Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch flat leaf kale, chopped roughly
- Heat a good glug of oil in a large saucepan. Cook the garlic and onion until translucent. Stir in the ginger and curry powder, for a minute or two, until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and toss about for another minute or two.
- Pour in the stock, coconut milk, lentils and sweet potato. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer partially covered for about half an hour, until the lentils are cooked through.
- Add the kale and stir through to wilt. Season, divide into bowls.