Garlicky Mushroom, White Bean and Brussels Spout Tacos
The secret ingredient to these vegetarian tacos is our Umami Rich Mushroom Stock, which adds a creamy richness and deep flavour to the braised mushrooms and beans.
- 500g of Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 red onions, cut in half then sliced into half moons
- 500g of cremini mushrooms
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 250ml of The Stock Merchant Mushroom Stock
- 1/3 cup handful of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 300g of feta cheese, crumbled
- olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- soft tortillas warmed in the oven, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Toss the sprouts in a few tablespoons of oil and sea salt and cracked pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes, until crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat a little olive oil in a large saucepan of fry pan. Add the garlic and onion and saute on medium heat for two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and toss around for about 3-4 minutes. Add the cannelini beans and the mushroom stock. Cook for about five minutes, until the mushrooms are soft and the liquid reduced. Don’t worry if there’s a lot of liquid now, it will cook off and then thicken up as the mixture cools.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and toss through the chopped parsley and half the feta.
- Serve the tacos stuffed with the sprouts and remaining feta, coriander and avocado slices.