Master Stock Beef Summer Rolls
Equal parts healthy and delicious; the beauty of these babies lies in their make-ahead possibilities; the beef can easily be braised a day or so ahead of time. When ready to eat, wrap in rice paper with fresh herbs, crisp vegetables and crunchy bean sprouts. These rolls are summer picnicking at its, best and a delicious reminder that braised meats aren’t just for the cooler months.
- 400g of free-range beef brisket
- 500ml of The Stock Merchant Chinese Master Stock
- 1 red capsicum, julienne
- a small bunch of spring onions
- Rice paper roll rounds
- a small bunch of fresh mint leaves
- a small bunch of fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup of Ridiculously Delicious Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup of tamari
- a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup of sweet chilli sauce
- Snips of spring onion, to garnish
- Bring Master Stock to the boil. Add the brisket (cut if necessary to fit into the pot), turn down the heat to very, very low. Cover and allow to braise for three hours. Pull apart with a fork. Set aside.
- Make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To assemble the rice paper rolls, submerge a sheet at a time in warm water for about 20 seconds, to soften.
- Lay flat on a slightly damp surface, fill with a few spoonfuls of the beef mixture, as well as the vegetables and bean sprouts. Fold the ends and roll to enclose. Repeat with remaining wrappers. Serve cold with the dipping sauce.