Master Stock with Chinese Style Red Cooked Chicken and Asian Greens
- 1 litre The Stock Merchant Free Range Master Stock
- 1 whole free range or organic chicken
- 50g fresh ginger, crushed
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 200g bok choy
- 200g chinese cabbage
- Cooking oil, to taste
- 300g steamed jasmine rice
- salt and white pepper, ground
- In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring Master Stock to the boil, adding some fresh ginger.
- Place whole chicken in Master Stock, breast side down.
- Return to boil, with lid on.
- Allow chicken to simmer for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to sit for 20 minutes so chicken soaks up flavours.
- Remove chicken from the pot and cut it into pieces.
- Reduce the remaining Master Stock by half. Set aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan or wok, heat the oil and sugar snap peas and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the Chinese cabbage and bok choy and cook quickly, retaining shape and colour.
- Place steamed jasmine rice on each plate. Top with vegetables and chicken.
- Pour 1–2 tablespoons of reduced Master Stock over the chicken.
Adapted from a Robin Black recipe found at www.abc.net.au