Garlic Braised White Beans with Pork and Fennel Sausage
It’s tricky to find more iconic winter fare than kale, sausages and beans. This budget-friendly, soul-tickling winter warmer demands little more than twenty minutes of attention and cooks up into a luxurious, risotto-like product.
- 500ml of The Stock Merchant Free Range Chicken Stock
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3/4 cup kale, finely sliced
- 800g canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 50g finely grated Parmesan Cheese, plus extra to serve
- 8 free range Pork and Fennel sausages
- Cook the fennel sausages in a fry pan in a tiny bit of olive oil. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a medium saucepan, and fry the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the chicken stock, thyme, and white beans, and cook gently for about five minutes, until reduced by half.
- Add the kale and allow to wilt. Add the pork and fennel sausages to the bean mixture. Season.
- Serve topped with extra parmesan, with toasted ciabatta bread rubbed with a little butter and garlic.