Yogurt Chicken with Coconut Ginger Rice
A fragrant chicken-and-rice dish that tastes twice as good the next day. Use our Free Range Chicken Stock for the incredibly flavourful coconut rice base.
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of ground (or grated) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons of hot paprika
- 5-6 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- sea salt
For the coconut rice
- 1 cup of The Stock Merchant Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cups of basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
For the coriander pesto
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of oil (sesame, macadamia or olive all work well)
- fresh chili to taste, optional
- Combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the chicken and allow to marinate for at least an hour, or ideally overnight.
- To make the rice, combine all ingredients (except the spring onions) in a saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil, before reducing the heat to a low simmer, until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender; about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Shake the excess marinade off the chicken and place on a single layer on a lined oven tray. Bake for around 25 -30 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice.
- To make the pesto, combine pesto ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- To serve, divide the rice into bowls and top with chicken and coriander pesto.